MAY 20, 2021 12:00 - 1:30 PM
The Power of Style: Elevating Your Personal Presence and Professional Image
Does your image reflect who you are and where you want to go? Join stylist and trainer Jill Marinelli to discover the power of personal style and how to use image as a tool to reach personal and professional goals. Sharing the latest research on topics like first impressions, power posing, and decision fatigue (the average person makes 35,000 decisions a day!), Jill will challenge you to simplify your style, upgrade your look, and boost your confidence.
In this session, you will learn:
- Social science research on image, first impressions, and "enclothed cognition" (the science behind how our clothes affect our behavior)
- Why you might want to wear pants, even on Zoom
- The case for creating your own unique "uniform"
- The four elements of a great outfit: color, pattern, texture and shine
- How to boost your confidence and create a powerful presence in 120 seconds (power posing)
Joint member event with the Richmond and Northern Virginia Chapters.
This Presentation is being sponsored by Linda Cooper and ABA Retirement Funds. Linda will be sending a link to the event on Monday, May 17th